Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Fun Tip: Bridal Shower



Asking guests for recipes is not a new idea, but how about also asking for a photo of the guest or person(s) the recipe is from? LOVE IT! I received recipes from my bridal shower guests and my Mother slipped them all into a miniature photo album. I use the recipes weekly. I adore them! It would be really nice to see a photo of the guest, while I am reading along and cooking from their recipe. Over the holidays, I made cookies from a recipe of my Nana's that no one has attempted since she passed. Having her photo with the recipe would have felt really cozy. During the holiday season, I also made a German Beef Stew (twice) - a recipe that was by a good family friend who is also no longer with us. Her daughter, a best friend of mine, past it on to me via the bridal shower recipe collection. A photo of she and her Mom with the recipe, again, would be endearing . . .

Another neat thing my Mom planned for us was a gift card tree (the actual tree they hung from is planted in our front yard! and at the shower orchids hung from the branches along with the cards! - orchid idea via Steven Bruce Design), since we didn't register and were planning to renovate the 200-year-old family farmhouse we live in. We received gift cards from Home Depot, Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, etc. and they came in very handy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers